Sunday, January 9, 2011

Remembering Death Through Mourning Jewelry

Two several weeks ago I found out this ring on eBay (of course). since it appears I'm daily wanting to uncover memento mori, item d'death art, article mortem collectibles and so forth, I'm ordinarily operating throughout fascinating items. Funeral residence marketing pieces really are a favored research as of late. But on this particular day, I arrived throughout a listing for just about any wholesale fashion jewelry. it experienced been definitely gorgeous. The ring type reminds me of my mother's previous due 1960s considerable college ring, rectangular in type and type of artwork deco in style. But as i am aware small about artwork except what I like, I'm not precisely the expert.

While pieces for example mourning rings are rare, the asking delivering price was even now only a little away from my league. pursuing all, i experienced been preparing all these trips away from village to perform job interviews and buying research components like crazy. I required to acquire frugal! (I can listen to my mom and father laughing now.) So I arranged the ring on my "Watch Item" report and arranged it away from my mind. pursuing the auction ended, and I observed that no just one experienced even bid for the item, I made the decision I experienced practically nothing to lose. I made the decision over a delivering price I'd be ready to fork greater than and sent my provide for that seller. He accepted it without getting pause. just one fast PayPal payment later, in inclusion to the ring was on its method to me from Maryland.

I felt like a child at xmas in the capuccino house. This was a great offer greater than a treat to myself or "research" this ring was a wearable gravestone and tribute for that storage of somebody who was loved.

Pulling the ring away from its protective packaging, I see only a little lady with short complete hair. At earliest she reminds me of my youthful niece. She goes on to be captured forever, like a instant trapped in amber. The ring is ornately made silver, with one another with a rectangular photo could possibly be the centerpiece. The ring fits my pinky. I wish I knew the small girl's name. maybe just one morning I will produce just one for her, since it is near to not possible to arrive throughout out what is severely is.

No comments:

Post a Comment